The QA Technician is responsible for ensuring the product quality is evaluated, tested, analyzed and recorded to meet customer, vendor, food safety, quality or regulatory commitments. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, detailed, collaborative environment, where product quality meets the highest standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Complete paperwork for industrial orders before shipment (e.g., Certificates of Analysis, special labels and Q. A. reports)
- Conduct pre-op audits and monthly self-audits of the facility
- Collect and archive library samples from Production and Receiving
- Perform hourly line audits and review returned product
- Maintain foreign material logs and reports
- Check chemical bottles and logs for proper dilution and recording (once/week)
- Perform thermometer and scale verification and maintain proper documentation
- Evaluate product sample at time of receiving and during production (e.g., appearance, size, moisture analysis, ingredient statements and sample approval)
- Assist with performing pest control audits and documentation
- Assist with maintaining MSDS sheets for chemicals and food products as necessary
- Assist with general data entry on Q. A.-related documents (e.g., product specifications, product information, and nutritional analysis)
- Coordinate sending out samples for testing and perform some micro testing when time permits
- Backup and cross train on QA coordinator role
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Requires High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- College Degree or equivalent QA/Food Industry experience desired.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Certificates of Analysis, special labels and Q.A. reports preferred
- Must be familiar with software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have or obtain a thorough knowledge of all product lines.
- Must be familiar with database systems and be able to input and retrieve data.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to multi-task
Woodland Foods® is passionate about ingredients. For more than 25 years, we have built relationships with farmers and growers around the world to supply our customers with the finest natural ingredients. We are just as passionate about our employees, join our Woodland Foods Family, and apply now.
Woodland Foods provides a comprehensive array of employee benefits including:
- Life / AD&D
- Disability (employer paid short-term & long-term)
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match and 100% vesting
- Career Development
- Time Off – paid Holidays and paid time off
- Corporate Fitness Membership Discounts
- Company-Sponsored Sports Teams