The QA Technician is responsible for ensuring the product quality is evaluated, tested, analyzed and recorded to meet customer, vendor, food safety, quality or regulatory commitments. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, detailed, collaborative environment, where product quality meets the highest standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform received product sampling per requirements (collect samples) and coordinate sending out samples for testing
- Evaluate product sample at time of receiving and during production (e.g., appearance, size, moisture analysis, ingredient statements). Conduct product approval
- Collect and archive library samples from Production and Receiving
- Perform checks and verifications to ensure adherance to Quality and Food Safety programs (e. g. metal detection verifications, sanitation/allergen validations, chemical titrations etc)
- Conduct pre-op audits and monthly self audits of the facility
- Review returned product
- Maintain foreign material logs and reports
- Assist with performing pest control audits and documentation
- Assist with maintaining MSDS sheets for chemicals and food products as necessary
- Assist with general data entry on Q. A.-related documents (e.g., product specifications, product information and nutritional analysis)
- Back up and cross train on QA coordinator role
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Requires High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- College Degree or equivalent QA/Food Industry experience desired.
- Must be familiar with software packages such as MicroSoft Word and Excel.
- Must have or obtain thorough knowledge of all product lines.
- Must be familiar with database systems and be able to input and retrieve data.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred