The Receiving worker/Forklift driver will be responsible for operating power equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, load, unload, pick and count merchandise while holding accountability for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Safe operation of a forklift truck in the movement and storage of product
- Unload/load freight from trucks, 2-5 trucks a day; weigh and label product by hand and by using a forklift
- Ensure all materials required for production runs are staged at assigned work areas prior to the start of the production run
- Enter product quantities into computer
- Inspect product for consistency and to assure it is not contaminated
- Communicate with Management, Production, & Quality Assurance about any discrepancies in product quality
- Work on organizing the warehouse
- Store received product properly for rotation purposes and inventory accuracy
- Maintain clean and safe work area
- Participate in physical inventory
- Follow all safety procedures and work in an efficient manner
- Cross-trained to work in other departments as needed
- Audit all receipts and paperwork for correct items and quantities
- Properly palletize all incoming freight
- Inspect equipment used on a daily basis and reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Min 1 year of Forklift (Reach, Stand-up, and Sit-down) experience, required
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, receiving and/or food industry experience a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (anything over 55 lbs., team lift)
- Must follow all WLF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Must have computer skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide in, all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Understand the basics of scale operations, weights, and measurements
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces. Frequently required to lift up to 65lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, noise and weather elements
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Woodland Foods® is passionate about ingredients. For more than 25 years, we have built relationships with farmers and growers around the world to supply our customers with the finest natural ingredients. We are just as passionate about our employees, join our Woodland Foods Family, and apply now.
Woodland Foods provides a comprehensive array of employee benefits including:
- Life / AD&D
- Disability (employer paid short-term & long-term)
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match and 100% vesting
- Career Development
- Time Off – paid Holidays and paid time off
- Corporate Fitness Membership Discounts
- Company-Sponsored Sports Teams