The primary role of Sanitation lead is cleaning of the plant, production equipment, and facility to meet food safety, customer quality, and worker safety requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform cleaning and sanitation of plant equipment and environment in a thorough and safe manner
- Operate cleaning systems and equipment as trained and specified
- Ensure accurate record keeping of Sanitation documentation is properly documented according to company and regulatory regulations
- Adhere to all current SOP’s, procedures, and quality requirements
- Maintain clean work area
- Verifying lines are properly sanitized prior to production
- Perform titration checks to ensure proper chemical mixture
- Ability to be proactive and lead the team efficiently
- Perform checks on equipment prior to production
- Work with all new employees to ensure proper training and cleaning per Woodland Foods sanitation program
- Ensure other employees are following Woodland Foods PPE and GMP program
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Sanitation experience preferred
- Production and/or Warehouse experience desirable, food manufacturing a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (anything over 55 lbs., team lift)
- Must follow all Woodland Foods GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment and chemical safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
- Use of cleaning chemicals
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.