Title: Production Material Handler
The Production Material Handler will be responsible for the day to day operations of transferring, staging, loading, and unloading of all materials to the production lines and transferring unused materials back to the assigned storage location. This includes safely operating material handling equipment to process and using handheld computer equipment to transfer inventories correctly within the system.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Safe operation of a forklift truck in the movement and storage of product
- Ensure all materials required for production runs are staged at assigned work areas prior to the start of the production run
- Use a handheld device to transfer all materials when performing any movement of materials from one location to another.
- Inspect product for consistency and to assure it is not contaminated
- Communicate with Management, Production, & Quality Assurance about any discrepancies in product quality
- Work on organizing the warehouse, maintaining clean and safe work area
- Store product properly for rotation purposes and inventory accuracy
- Participate in physical inventory when needed
- Follow all safety procedures and work in an efficient manner
- Cross-trained to work in other departments as needed
- Inspect equipment used on a daily basis and complete reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years of Stand-up and Sit-down Forklift experience
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, receiving and/or food industry experience a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (anything over 55 lbs., team lift)
- Must follow all WLF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Must have computer skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide using a calculator at times
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.