This position is responsible for maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy, by thoroughly monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties utilizing AX software to ensure that all materials are properly verified, to reflect reported inventory all within a timely manner. Duties also include miscellaneous warehouse activities to maintain inventory accuracy through proper processing.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Use AX software to Run Cycle Count plans
- Print out daily cycle count report and perform necessary counts
- Cycle count raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods on a daily basis
- Perform and complete physical inventory count and compare results with system data
- Research discrepancies between physical and system count
- Input counts and locations into the computer system
- Communicate cycle count finding to those responsible for inventory
- Input changes or additions in counts or locations in computer system
- Follow all security and safety procedures as well as food safety policies at all times while on company premises.
- Assists in compiling data related to special projects, as requested by supervisor
- Ensures compliance with inventory processes and procedures
Secondary functions and responsibilities
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities within the plant as follows but not limited to - operate power equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, load, unload, pick, stage merchandise while holding accountability for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment as required
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)- preferred
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Performs duties as instructed by management
- Ability to lift 55lbs. and team lift anything over 55lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to pass the forklift certification test and drive a forklift on a daily basis.
- Experience taking physical inventory desirable
- Strong mathematical skills
- Detail Oriented
- Able to work independently
- Ability to drive a forklift (Cherry picker/Reach)
- Good communication Skills
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as needed
- Must be able to stand and walk for continuous periods of time
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to physically count articles or products on shelves, racks, and pallets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds (anything over 55 lbs, team lift).
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment and chemical safety
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in a manufacturing environment
• Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
• Use of cleaning chemicals
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.