JOB PURPOSE: The Line Leader will coordinate employee activities and product handling of an assigned production line to ensure maximum line efficiencies while in accordance with our quality and food safety standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate employee activities and product handling of an assigned production line; works along with line employees
- Receive instruction from the Production Supervisor/Assistant for product orders that need to be processed
- Organize line crew to effectively process orders received
- Order product and packaging materials from material handler in an organized manner to ensure maximum line efficiencies
- Prioritize order processing in relation with shipping requirements and production schedules
- Report all production activities for assigned line into the computer or paper forms
- Fill out required Quality Assurance forms
- Train and assign work for daily employees
- Maintain communication with Supervisor/Assistant on any production or staff related issues
- Ensure all line employees safely operate equipment used on the line, as well as following all safety procedures
- Cross train line employees on any other lines assigned at any given time
- Maintain clean work area clean
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, food industry experience a plus
- Must be flexible with hours, possibility for OT
- Ability to lift 55lbs (anything over 55lbs, team lift)
- Must follow all WF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural documents
- Understand the basics of scale operations, weights, and measurements
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate good leadership
- Flexibility to adapt to different production lines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office and manufacturing environment
- Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.