This position is responsible for managing the Production Department (20+ employees), leading the department toward process and efficiency improvement through the coordination of processing and packing production lines activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the processing and packing of product on a daily basis
- Make decisions concerning staffing needs for the department
- Manage the workload of the production crew
- Communicate with other departments regarding relevant production issues
- Ensure that GMP and HACCP guidelines are being followed
- Monitor the production activities reporting system for accuracy
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Resolve employee issues within the department
- Motivate employees to achieve production goals and promote a team-oriented
- Assist with inventory taking and reconciling
- Ensure that employees are properly trained to operate equipment in a safe manner
- Ensure that employees work in a safe environment and follow all safety procedures
- Create, monitor, evaluate and report production efficiency indicators
- Participate in improvement and strategy ideas and implementation at company level
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as required
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)—additional advanced coursework preferred
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Food industry experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation requirements
- Strong working knowledge of process improvement methods
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to lead and motivate staff to meet departmental goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of management
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Proficiency with current software packages such as Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility
- Frequently required to lift up to 55 pounds (anything over 55 lbs, team lift)
- Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office and manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to dust, odors, and noise
- Occasional exposure to a plant that is not temperature-controlled
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.