Customer Service Representatives support the Sales Account Managers as well as the Sales Function to meet and exceed customer expectations, while providing a positive customer experience. As a first point of contact with Woodland Foods, Customer Service Representatives have the responsibility of representing the company in a professional, confident manner. This job requires strong written and oral communication skills, high-energy and a positive attitude and a solution-oriented approach. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate efficiency and accuracy processing customer orders and responding to inquiries
- Practice proactive listening to better understand the customer issue and offer the best solution
- Backup Customer Service team members as needed/assigned
- Demonstrate knowledge of a large product line (over 1500 products), understand pricing, packaging/labeling options and logistics coordination
- Process document orders, customer returns and work closely with the Credit Department to resolve credit issues
- Work effectively and willingly with team members and other departments
- Provide relevant feedback regarding customer concerns
- Assist other departments with customer needs
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- 2-4 years Customer Service experience preferred. Food industry experience desirable.
- Some college level coursework ideal, but will consider customer service or food industry experience as a substitute. Some culinary training would be beneficial in this role.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly understand a customer issue and offer problem resolution
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of product lines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to regularly changing priorities and issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office; AX Dynamics experience a plus