Researches, plans, develops and modifies application systems which support the business needs of the organization. Includes support and analysis of user activities and function, evaluate current systems and development of programs and/or systems. Works with department subject matter experts and/or managers, to identify procedures and clarify objectives. Writes technical procedures for workflow processes, implementation requirements and operating procedures. Construct and update workflow and systems applications architecture diagrams.
System Analyst Job Duties:
- Determine scope and requirement of new and modify existing systems application processes by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; writing specifications.
- Provide first and second tier response and support to technical requests as applies to systems applications
- Provide first and second tier response and support to technical requests as they apply to ERP.
- Responsible for technical aspect of EDI systems including but not limited to internal support, oversight of implementing new & modifying existing EDI documents and new customer onboarding, communication with customer’s EDI technicians and external EDI vendors, assist with needs for data exchange and setup for GS1 and GDSN technical related needs.
- Maintain and implement interdepartmental workflow in business process application, JIRA.
- Maintain application system protocols by writing and updating procedures and documentation.
- Provide references for users by communicating and maintaining support documentation by training department Subject Matter Experts
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to facilitate business requirements discussion at various operational levels.
- Knowledge of EDI systems, including EDI document types and flow, ability to guide onboarding of new customers and documents by coordinating with internal and external EDI technical and sales personnel
- Bachelor of Science in a technology-related field (or equivalent job experience)
- Five years experience within enterprise level ERP environment
- Must be self driven, organized, articulate, detail-oriented excellent communication and "people" skills. A positive attitude is a must.