Primary responsibilities involve printing all orders in Shipping for picking, as well as communicating issues between Customer Service, Production and Shipping regarding printed orders. Shipping Clerk holds backup Order Picker responsibilities when there are no orders to print.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Answer phones
- Print EDI orders to be picked
- Assign orders to be picked
- Assist with sample orders
- Assist with catalog orders
- Schedule pickups with carriers
- Coordinate with Production on repacking product to fill orders
- Communicate issues between Customer Service and Shipping
- Receive and execute instructions from the Shipping Supervisor or Assistant Shipping Supervisor
- Inform shipping supervisor of all activities/issues from line employees
- Assist with Order Picker responsibilities as needed
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Be able to read/write/speak English.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must have working knowledge of general warehouse operations, food industry experience a plus
- Ability to lift 55lbs (anything over 55lbs, team lift)
- Must be flexible with hours, the possibility for OT
- Must follow all WF GMP’s and work consistently with all food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Ability to prioritize, learn quickly, and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have good computer/printer skills
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Understand the basics of scale operations, weights, and pallet measurements
- Ability to focus on job for efficiency
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to get along with others, display a good attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and frequently bend and move about the facility. Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces
Personal Protective Equipment
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing and warehouse areas that under certain conditions may require the use of personal protective equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in an office and manufacturing environment
• Exposure to dust, odors, and noise
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.